Saturday, March 29, 2008

Exploring Science

Last Friday, we had a trip to PetroSAINS, for outstation students that were interested. My eyes literally light up when I first heard of it, cause
1. You only need to pay RM7 for trip to KLCC n back.
2. I can sneak to Kinokuniya if I'm bored of PetroSAINS.
3. I can miss Chemistry period.
Enough said.

Well, total only 15 of us went.. 6 were from my class (PM1).
The first 'attraction' in Petrosains is we'll be entering the place by a 'train-like-round-black-blob' thingy.
And then, we saw something that let you experience the speed of the wind in an enclosed place, starting form 0km/h reaching until 160km/h!
Things still look calm for me, Adelynn and Pei

At this point, our hair literally 'rise'

Moving on!

The transparent tube suppose to be vacuum, look at the colourful patterns form when our hands touch the tube haha.

And things aren't always what they seems... The thing is there, but when we touched it, it disappeared.

It's seems to be there but actually it's not there.. Reminds me of my allowance. Sometimes I could had sworn I had at least RM50 left, but when I look in my purse, it's not there... *sighs*


Look at Pei, see her pose...*swt*... We are on top a mini jeep!

Next, here’s a picture of our class with the T-rex. Everyone agreed to take a group pic here... well, T-rex is lovable right?

The T-rex seemed want to bite my head off...*scare*


Next section, we entered our second childhood. The section mainly dedicate to kids as most of it are quite ‘un-science’ related.

Here’s Pei and Xin Wei racing dinosaurs *swt*

By now, most of you probably think I’m lazy to blog as more to pictures and only a few words to describe each of it. Well, that’s true^^ *gets thrown rotten tomatoes*
Haha, continue.. The next picture is at the ‘more to teenagers’ section. We had the most fun here!!
This device is really cool. When you stand on it and press ‘GO’, it will start to tilt until you fall... thank god got soft protection to break your fall..

Xin Wei and Esteban competing to see who will fall first... the device meant for one person at a time... >_>

Here’s something that was really fun. A skiing stimulator. You have to bend your body forward to see yourself skiing at the screen, and there were also wind blowing at your face to make it seemed more real life.

Looks nice?^^

There were also a device where it can measured the speed of your karate chop!! Haha.. *sorry no pictures for it*

And present to you, the most amazing mind game in the world. Involve two players at a time. Both of them have to wear a headband. In the middle of the two players, there will be a ball... If you relax your mind, the brain waves generated can move the ball towards your opponent.

Esteban and Xin Wei competing again... *swt*.. lasted a freaking long ten minutes... both of them must be genius.....

Something that caught my attention.

Cute colourful balls floating and moving at the ceiling^^

The last game I managed to play before had to leave PetroSAINS. Suppose to meet up with the teachers already. The Slide Of Doom.

I scraped my hand while playing this, but it’s worth it!

As we were leaving the science centre, we were suppose to sit back the ‘'train-like-round-black-blob' thingy again. At this point, we were already ten minutes late... During the ride, we were quite ‘jakun’.. we keep going ‘waaahhhh’. We were surrounded by the dark and the ceiling was a night scenery showing stars. To remember the moment, we decided to took a picture.. We weren’t allow to take a picture on the train ride, but rules are made to be broken right?

It was quite difficult to take it as the train has limited space and it was rotating and moving. Aabhi (the photographer) had to lean on the edge to snap the picture.
After taking, we realised there was a CCTV. All of us waved to it haha. We really gave a bad impression for Taylor's students >_<

When we finally reached the exit, we found out we weren’t the last! Well *camera out*, time to take pictures again!

The boys can pose better than the girls O_O

Needless to say, I really enjoyed the trip. Gained tons of fun.. *ahem*.. I mean tons of knowledge.

[Note: Blogger is retarded, the second time I have to retype the whole thing cause suddenly auto delete... GIVE BACK MY TIME!]

Betsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home