Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Muahahah!! We love freebies~!!!

Yesterday, Seventeen magazine had a sort of roadshow in Taylors. Seems that we get that a lot in college, compared to the Vitagen truck and Milo truck that we wait for during our primary and secondary school years...ah..so nostalgic..!

Anyway, they set up a few booths to promote Seventeen magazine, Fresh Kon contact lenses, Dutch Lady yogurt drink, Lip Ice and some new Adidas products, including their new range of Shampoo and deodorant products. So, you can imagine the kind of response they had from the students...When Betsy and I saw the roadshow going on during the break period, we were temporarily relieved of all forms of fatigue and hunger as we joined the flock of students at the booths.

The first booth that caught our eyes was the Seventeen Booth, they were giving out the January 2008 issue , a Seventeen booklet and little Seventeen Post-Its(These were adorable!)! I've only read Seventeen twice my whole life but they had some article about emo-ness and that made a happy human for awhile! =D

After that, we moved on to the Lipice booth, this was probably the most crowded booth because they were giving out FREE LIPICE PRODUCTS!! Yes!! Serious!! All you had to do is play a game and if you win, you get to spin this little wheel(like the one you see in Wheel of Fortune) and you get whatever product(each product is represented by a different colour)that matches the colour on the side of the wheel. Evidently, there were a lot of girls who cheated...the poor girl at the stand was too busy to eye all three sets of games that were going on at the same time, so when she was looking to the left, people on the right cheated and vice versa. Haiyoh..even we cheated la....=__=" So, Betsy spun the wheel and got a water lip balm..it's a pretty cool thing! We even went back for round 2 after the break period..XDD and each of us won a bottle of roll-on deadorant...lolz...oh well...

The next booth we went to was the Adidas booth, you also had to play a game to win a prize. The guy at the booth probably explained what I could win but I wasn't listening....cuz' the game that I was required to win in was a Nintendo Wii boxing game! All I was thinking was "OMG OMG OMG..A NINTENDO WII~~!!" Lolz..so I registered and put on the Boxing gloves. I had to destroy at least 18 punching bags in one minute to qualify to win a prize. Honestly, that was my first time playing a Nintendo Wii, I was so excited that I didn't care that there were people watching me!! XDD...So the game started and I was punching too slow to win in time, but I got the hang of it after a while. Up till now, I still don't know if you had to hit harder to break the punching bag or if you were supposed to hit the critical point to break it faster... but I was punching so hard near the end of one minute that I was panting away later. XD

By the way, I only got 13 out of 18, haha, better luck next time!!

Look! Betsy secretly took some pictures..argh..I guess it's a good thing that she did..



Ooh~Nintendo Wii~



Take that!!

Haha, I didn't wear the gloves properly so I hurt my hand...a bit of the skin got scraped off...



OUCH

Lolz..today my hands and back are aching all over..this is the result of lack of exercise...Please remind me never to do something lke that without streching first...><

Here are some of the freebies we got!! XD I hope they'll be having more roadshows in the near future!!



I lost my Post-Its somewhere along the way...T_T

Pei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home